I am gearing up for an upcoming local farmer's market and have decided to place a big focus on creating items from re-purposed fabrics! There are so many great fabric out there, on old clothing and what not, that can be used to make cute "new" things! Plus, old fabrics have been washed so many times that most of the chemicals used in their fibers are gone! (yea organic!)
So here are a few fabric flower hair clips I made from an old shirt. I LOVE this fabric and am so excited it found new life in these clips.
I didn't capture the steps on camera, but I'll give you a summary of how to make your own clips!
1. Cut a strip of fabric, mine vary in width and length, think about how big you want your flower to be. 1" is a good place to start on width.
2. Stitch along one long side of the strip and gather (pulling your stitching).
3. Secure your gathered stitches. I just tie a knot using a previous stitch ( I don't know how to explain it better!! :) )
3. Now bunch together one side to form the center and stitch through it to secure it.
4. Start twisting the rest of your gathered strip around the center, stitching through every so often to secure.
There you go!!
I attached mine to snappi clips that are covered in matching fabric.
These ones are in the etsy shop so check them out, or make your own!!!