I know, It's been awhile! My hands have been hard at work getting ready for The Queen Bee Market! If you have been before, then you know how amazing it is, if you haven't, then you have to see it for yourself!. The vendors are AMAZING! Check out the blog for pictures of some things to look forward to and please spread the word. Your friends will thank you!
Now that you have all the info, here's what you have to look forward to from me!...
I have recently set a goal of trying to make it out of the house in the morning and then staying home in the afternoon. My hope is that this helps with Marley's schedule... she's a bit of a monster when it comes to sleeping. So this morning we were up and out at 9am!!!! We have a local mid-week farmer's market, which is super nice because it gives us something to do during the week. So I strapped Penny into the Ergo (best baby purchase!) and placed Marley in the stroller (mistake #1) and off we went!
If you know Marley, then you know that 1. She doesn't sit still AT ALLL. 2. She LOVES food. So this resulted in 1 fall and several escapes to attack the samples. Then I felt bad that my toddler was eating all the food and guilted myself into purchasing from more than I would have liked to. What started as a free fun outing ended up costing me more than the produce at the store would have :(
That being said, I am a huge supported of buying locally, so I guess that wasn't so bad.
This was my first "issue."
The second thing that bothered me was the craft vendors. Most of the vendors there were selling pre-fabricated merchandise. Stuff that was bought in bulk and shipped from China. This is not handmade! It made me sad that one of the places where handmade has thrived is being taken over by this type of industry! A tear was shed for the handmade community today... not literally, but figuratively...
Overall I would give the Farmer's Market experience a 7... Its more fun when I have back-up :)
Just a few announcements!
1. I have a new website! Check it out and let me know what you think! I have to make some decisions about making the official switch to the new one soon.
Check out the new hats while you are there!
2. Little Bird and Babies in Green now has a facebook page! I will be holding a giveaway once I reach 50 likes, so like me :)
3. Right now I am putting together an super fun baby shower for my Sister-in-Law, who is due with her first baby boy in May. I will have all sorts of great pictures and tutorials once all is said and done :)
Also, stay tuned for more entries on diet and nutrition... I'm excited about this ;)
I thought that I would start to share something that has become a HUGE part of our life. I have always been on the bandwagon of eating healthy, and organic ( when possible), but about a year ago we made some drastic changes in the diet of my daughter Ava. Since then I have learned alot in terms of diet and how it effects the body. Each week I want to share some of what I have learned, and how we implement it at home.
To start I want to share the book (reccomended by our nutritionist): Gut and Psychology Syndrome
This book makes some amazing points about how the body processes food, and how this in turn effects us. Based on this book and guided by a wonderful nutritionist we eliminated:
grains (except brown rice)
all additives, preservatives, and artificial anything
we basically moved into a whole foods diet with limitations... and thus began my journey to figure out what the heck I feed my kid!
Stay tuned for more :)
Yes, named after our recent addition! I am in love with these fun accessories right now. My sister-in-law, Nicole, started me on this craze and I am hooked! I wear them everywhere.
So when Nicole came in town a couple of weeks ago we went to town making our own, and Ta Da!!!!
These are the first of many new additions to the shop, many of which will be rosettes! Seriously they are so pretty, and best of all you can share them with your little girls. I have quickly found that the best accessories are the ones that serve multiple purposes! These are on alligator clips, so they can be headbands, hair clips, shoe clips...
Oh, and did you see the new header!!! More on that soon!
We are finally home and getting settled with our family of five! Crazy!!!!
So I though I would share some of the exciting things we have planned for this new year.
1. I shared with you some pictures that Chris from Chris Nelson Photography took of Penny. Which turned our AMAZING!!!! She will be working with me next month to do a photo shoot of some of my products!!! Wooo hooo! Its about time I get good pictures done!!!! As much as I would love to think of myself as a decent photographer, I just can't compare to someone as talented as her!
2. I have some new crochet products coming out! Including hats, plus newborn photography props!!!!
3. Soon to be seen ( they are already made and will soon be photographed!) are the creme de la creme of hair accessories! Rossettes made with silk and embellished with swarovski crystals. These are perfect for a little princess or her momma!