Thursday, February 24, 2011

GAPS and Eating Clean

I thought that I would start to share something that has become a HUGE part of our life. I have always been on the bandwagon of eating healthy, and organic ( when possible), but about a year ago we made some drastic changes in the diet of my daughter Ava. Since then I have learned alot in terms of diet and how it effects the body. Each week I want to share some of what I have learned, and how we implement it at home.
To start I want to share the book (reccomended by our nutritionist):
Gut and Psychology Syndrome

This book makes some amazing points about how the body processes food, and how this in turn effects us. Based on this book and guided by a wonderful nutritionist we eliminated:
gluten
grains (except brown rice)
milk
sugar
casein
all additives, preservatives, and artificial anything

we basically moved into a whole foods diet with limitations... and thus began my journey to figure out what the heck I feed my kid!
Stay tuned for more :)

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment