I thought I would start the week with a tutorial and a Giveaway!!! I hosted a shower for my cousin's fiance this weekend(more details tomorrow!) and made some appliqued dishtowels as the favors. I was super excited with how they turned out, and had a few left over! So, since I don't need 3 heart dishtowels, I though someone else out there might...heres the deal:
1. Become a follower and then comment to this post that you are one.
2. Comment on this post.
3. Comment on another post and let me know, through a comment on this post!
I will use a random number generator to determine the winner.
One lucky winner will get a set (2) of heart appliqued dishtowels!!! The giveaway ends next Monday: 2/24, so hurry up!
Now on to the tutorial:
1. Trace your design onto the paper side of the fusible web, in reverse. If you choose to do letters you can print them from your computer and then trace them (backwards) onto the paper side. (oops, my calendar snuck into the photo!)
2. Follow the directions on your fusible web. For mine I had to iron the fabric, take off the liner on one side (not the one that has your design on it), and stick it to the wrong side of your fabric.
3. Cut out your shape and peel the other liner off, being sure that the webbing sticks to the fabric.
4. Stick your applique onto the dishtowel in the position you want it.
5. Follow the directions on your package for how long to iron it in place.
6. Stitch 1/4" in around your shape.
7. Note: Your fabric will fray around the edges when washed, if you want to avoid this do a tight zig-zag stitch around the edges.